By using Hiro, you agree to these terms and we will always tell you if we change them.
When you register for an account you must provide us with accurate information. If you don’t provide us with accurate information then we may not be able to assist you with accessing your account.
To register for an account you must be at least 13 years old. To give or receive podcast subscriptions you must be at least 18 years old or have your parent’s permission. If you know a user is under the age of 13, please report them to us at [email protected].
You are responsible for anything that occurs when anyone is signed in to your account, as well as the security of the account. If you believe your account is compromised, you must contact us by emailing [email protected] immediately.
You are responsible for all the activity on your account. If you do bad things we may terminate your account. For starters
- Illegal Activities – Don’t break the law or encourage others to break the law.
- Abuse – Don’t harass or bully others, or promote violence or hatred towards others.
- Personal Information – Don’t distribute others’ personal information or otherwise abuse it. Podcasters with access to their podcast subscribers’ personal information should not use it for anything unrelated to Hiro.
- Fraud – Don’t post information that is false or otherwise misleading.
- Impersonation – Don’t impersonate anyone. Don’t use another’s account, or allow others to use your account.
- Intellectual Property – Don’t infringe on others’ intellectual property rights.
- Spam – Don’t spam others or distribute unsolicited advertising material.
- Malware – Don’t use Hiro to host or distribute, malicious or destructive software
- Endorsement – Don’t claim endorsement by Hiro without our prior written approval.
- Service Degradation – Don’t degrade others’ use of Hiro.
- Data Mining – Don’t crawl, scrape or otherwise index information on Hiro. If you are doing this to create a useful feature then we may allow it, but you must check with us first.
- Reward Sharing – Don’t support a podcaster and then share their podcast subscriber-only content without permission from the podcaster.
- Reverse Engineering – Don’t take apart Hiro to figure out our copyright protected secret sauce.
These guidelines are not meant to be exhaustive. If you find a new and creative way to hurt Hiro or our users we may take action to prevent it.
All About Being a Show Purchaser
To purchase a show, simply select the show and your preferred payment method (either credit card or Apple Pay, or Android Pay) and buy access to any creator!
If you support a creator on a per month basis, then you are charged on behalf of the creator immediately at the time of the subscription for the full amount of the subscription. Renewals are billed on the same date of the month that you originally subscribed to the podcast on an ongoing basis.
You may cancel your subscription at any time. You will not be billed for any future months going forward, but you will not receive a refund for any previous payment periods.
We may grant refunds at our sole discretion in exceptional circumstances.
Depending on your location, some banks may charge you a foreign transaction fee for your subscription, which will be assessed in addition to the subscription amount. Hiro does not control this charge. Please contact your bank for information.
In certain situations you may lose access to a podcaster’s podcast subscriber-only content. These include when you cancel your subscription, your payment method fails, the podcaster blocks you, or the podcaster deletes their account.
We have no control over the quality, timing or legality of content. We do not grant refunds for failure to deliver content. We do attempt to screen for fraudulent podcaster pages, but cannot guarantee the identity of podcasters or the validity of any claims they make. We appreciate your help reporting suspicious podcaster pages by emailing us at [email protected] so we can improve Hiro.
All About Being a Creator
To become a Creator, you may create a Hiro account, select a monthly plan and launch the show.
Show subscribers and buyers are charged per month or a one time payment, determined by the Creator. In connection with your charges to show subscribers, you appoint us as your limited agent for the sole purpose of receiving, holding, and settling payments to you. As your agent, our receipt of funds from a show subscriber on your behalf is the same as receipt of funds by you directly, and you will only have recourse against us, and not against any podcast subscriber, for any failure by us to settle funds to you. We try to provide timely access to your funds, but you may occasionally experience delays in accessing your funds. We may also block or hold payments for violations of the terms or compliance reasons, including collecting tax reporting information. When payments are delayed or blocked we try to communicate the reasons to you promptly. In order to protect podcasters, we may block podcast subscribers’ payments if we believe them to be fraudulent.
Your earnings are paid out on the second day of each month and include all listener payments from the prior month.
Depending on the product you have chosen, Hiro’s fee is either a percentage of subscription revenue or a per-subscriber fee
We do not handle most tax payments, but we collect tax identification information and report this to tax authorities as legally required. You are responsible for reporting any taxes.
Agency Price Adherence Policy
If you have purchased agency sub-accounts, whether it’s tailored for you or by you, it is imperative that you adhere to our Minimum Advertised Price Policy (“MAP Policy”) as outlined below:
a. Minimum Advertised Price: You are not permitted to promote access to the Platform at a price lower than the Standard Prices set by HighLevel (the “MAP Policy”). The standard price for a single Sub-Account is $47 USD for monthly subscriptions. Hiro llc reserves the right to modify its Standard Prices at its discretion and without prior notice. If such changes occur, it remains your responsibility to ensure ongoing compliance with the MAP Policy. Importantly, any special pricing offers, promotions, or discounts introduced by Hiro llc, known as “Special Pricing,” do not exempt you from adhering to the MAP Policy. Any updates to this MAP Policy will be communicated through changes to these Terms or other suitable means determined solely by HighLevel.
b. Advertised Price and Final Sale Price: The price you advertise for access to the Platform is determined after considering deductions for coupon discounts, rebates, the value of product giveaways, gift card amounts, and other promotional offers that reduce the advertised price (“Advertised Price”). The MAP Policy strictly applies to the Advertised Price. The final price at which you resell access to the Platform (“Final Price”) is not subject to the MAP Policy.
c. Exceptions to MAP Policy:
a. Hiro llc retains the discretion to make exceptions to this MAP Policy at its sole and absolute discretion, at any time and for any reason. Any exceptions must be communicated in writing and may be revoked at Hiro llc’s discretion, again, at any time and for any reason.
b. The MAP Policy does not extend to Advertised Prices showcased at physical selling locations where the price is not publicly displayed to customers outside the location, or where Final Prices are disclosed to customers exclusively during the checkout process for online sales (as long as these Final Prices cannot be accessed by search engines or otherwise displayed to customers).
c. This MAP Policy does not apply to advertising within jurisdictions where minimum advertised price policies are prohibited by law. However, it is a breach of this policy to transmit an Advertised Price lower than the MAP Policy from such jurisdictions to customers in jurisdictions where the MAP Policy is permissible.
d. For sales to customers in the European Union and United Kingdom, this MAP Policy does not prohibit you from offering discounts to customers or communicating that the Final Price may differ from the Advertised Price.
d. Resale Limitations: When you engage in reselling access to the Platform, you acknowledge your full responsibility to your customers for their access to and usage of the Platform. You are solely accountable for resolving all customer disputes and inquiries. While Hiro llc may offer assistance at its discretion, it is not obligated to do so. If Hiro llc determines, in its sole discretion, that you are not adequately addressing customer disputes and inquiries, or if we receive complaints regarding your responsiveness to legitimate customer concerns, we reserve the right to terminate your Platform Account.
Do Not Impersonate Hiro.fm: You are strictly prohibited from misrepresenting yourself as a Hiro.fm employee or implying any association with Hiro.fm when reselling access to the Platform. You may not direct your customers to contact Hiro.fm for any reason, including Platform support.
f. Suspension and Termination: We maintain the right to suspend or terminate your ability to resell access to the Platform at our sole discretion, with or without notice, for violations of the MAP Policy, these Terms, or any other reason we deem appropriate in our sole and absolute discretion.
We restrict some types of content and rewards. You cannot:
- Create any content or rewards with real people engaging in sexual or violent acts.
- Create any content or reward with nudity, or realistic depictions of sexual or violent acts, unless you flag the page as Adult Content and make the content only available to podcast subscribers.
- Use raffles, or any prizes based on chance, as a reward.
- Create content or rewards using others’ intellectual property, unless you have written permission to use it, or your use is protected by fair use.
If your potential podcast subscribers are under the age of 18, please remind them that they need permission to subscribe. Anyone under the age of 13 cannot have an account. We are not party to the agreement between podcasters and podcast subscribers. If a podcast subscriber requests a refund from us, we only grant it in exceptional situations. We deduct the refunded amount from future payments to you.
Content we create is protected by copyright, trademark and trade secret laws. Some examples of our content are the text on the site, our logo, and our codebase. We grant you a license to use our logo and other copyrights or trademarks to promote your Hiro page. You may not otherwise use, reproduce, distribute, perform, publicly display or prepare derivative works of our content unless we give you permission in writing. Please ask if you have any questions.
If you believe that any content on Hiro infringes your copyrights, please send written notice to:
2601 S. Minnesota Ave Ste 105-308
Sioux Falls, SD USA 57105
This notice should include the following information:The electronic or physical signature of the copyright owner, or a person authorized to act on their behalf.
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed.
- A description of the exact location on Hiro of the content that you claim is infringing. This description must allow us to find and identify the content. Your name, address, telephone number and email address.
- A statement by you that: a) you believe in good faith that the use of the content that you claim to infringe your copyright is not authorized by law, the copyright owner, or the owner’s agent, b) all information contained in your copyright notice is accurate, and c) under penalty of perjury, you are either the copyright owner, or authorized to act on their behalf.
- If your content has been removed because of a DMCA notice, but you believe the content was not infringing on another’s copyrights, then you may send a written counter-notice to have the content restored. Your counter-notice should include the following information:
- Your electronic or physical signature.
- A description of the content that was removed and the exact location of the content on Hiro before it was removed.
- Your name, address, telephone number and email address.
- A statement under penalty of perjury that you believe in good faith that the content was removed by mistake or misidentification.
- A statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the U.S. Federal District Court for the judicial district in which you are located, or if you are outside the U.S., the Northern District of California, and that you will accept service of process from the party that originally sent us the DMCA notice.
In appropriate circumstances we may also terminate the accounts of repeat infringers.
If we are sued because of you, you have to help pay for it.You will indemnify us from all losses and liabilities, including legal fees, that arise from these terms or relate to your use of Hiro. We reserve the right to exclusive control over the defense of a claim covered by this clause. If we use this right then you will help us in our defense.Your obligation to indemnify under this clause also applies to our affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents and third party service providers.
We do our best to make sure Hiro works as expected, but stuff happens.Hiro is provided “as is” and without warranty of any kind. Any warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, and any other warranty is excluded to the greatest extent permitted by law.The disclaimers of warranty under this clause also apply to our affiliates and third party service providers.
If you lose money as a result of using Hiro, any payment to you is limited to how much you have paid us, and we don’t have to pay you if your loss is unexpected.To the extent permitted by law, we are not liable to you for any incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of these terms, or your use or attempted use of Hiro. To the extent permitted by law, our liability for damages is limited to the amount of money we have earned through your use of Hiro. We are specifically not liable for loss associated with failure to deliver rewards and from losses caused by conflicting contractual agreements.For this clause “we” and “our” is defined to include our affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents and third party service providers.
If you have a problem please talk to us, but you are limited in how you can resolve disputes. You waive your right to trial by jury and your right to participate in a class action proceeding.We encourage you to contact us if you have an issue. If a dispute does arise out of these terms or related to your use of Hiro, and it cannot be resolved after you talk with us, then it must be resolved by arbitration. This arbitration must be administered by JAMS under the JAMS Streamlined Arbitration Rules & Procedures. Judgment on the arbitration award may be entered in any court with jurisdiction. Arbitrations may only take place on an individual basis. No class arbitrations or other grouping of parties is allowed. By agreeing to these terms you are waiving your right to trial by jury or to participate in a class action or representative proceeding, we are also waiving these rights.We follow the JAMS Policy on Consumer Arbitrations Pursuant to Pre-Dispute Clauses Minimum Standards of Procedural Fairness for all arbitrations done under these terms. If any portion of these terms do not follow that standard, that portion is severed from these terms.This clause does not limit either party’s ability to seek injunctive or other equitable relief for disputes relating to intellectual property or proprietary data.
Any disputes with us must be resolved in Minnehaha County under South Dakota law.South Dakota law, excluding its conflict of law provisions, governs these terms and all other Hiro policies. If a lawsuit does arise, both parties consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in Minnehaha County, South Dakota.
These terms are the final word on Hiro’s policies.
These terms and any referenced policies are the entire agreement between you and us, and supersede all prior agreements. If any provision of these terms is held to be
unenforceable, that provision is modified to the extent necessary to enforce it. If a provision cannot be modified, it is severed from these terms, and all other provisions remain in force. If either party fails to enforce a right provided by these terms, it does not waive the ability to enforce any rights in the future.
If you have any questions, please email [email protected].
Last Updated: December 8, 2023