Learn how to create your episodes, step-by-step
Overview about episodes
Your episodes can be chapters to a book or parts of a show. Episodes can be created from videos or audios. You can also use our Zapier Zap to automatically add content from other platforms like Dropbox or Google Drive.
This guide will walk you through two easy ways to add episodes to your show.
- Bulk episode upload
- Single episode upload
- Zapier Zap
First, select the show you want to upload the episodes. Then hover over the dot next to Episodes, click on “New Episode” and select “Bulk Upload”.
Drag & Drop Or Upload
Last, drag and drop your files or upload them in bulk.
There is a file size limit of 500MB.
Edit Each Episode Details
The final step is to update the following episode details:
- Show notes
- Sample episode
- Set show to live (important!)
Episode settings will vary depending on how your show is set up.
For example, if your show release is set to:
- “All At Once” : Sequence order field is available
- “Time Release” : Sequence order field is available
- “Date Release” : A time and date field is available
- Sample: A show can have three sample episodes available on their Sales Page
- Notes: Hyperlink to documents, sites or give any show notes here. This appears in the player.
- Contributor: The names of people in most of the show. This field is searchable.
First, select the show you want to upload the episodes. Then hover over the dot next to Episodes, click on “New Episode” and select “Single Episode”.
Edit Show Details
Episode settings will vary depending on how your show is set up. Each show has the same setting:
- Title : Length should be less than 150 characters
- Summary : Overview of that episode
- Notes : Any additional details including links or calls to action
- Sample : Listeners can play a few minutes of the show on the sales page
- Contributors : Who is in this episodes
If you are adding videos or audios to another platform, like Dropbox, Google, or even Vimeo, this will save you a ton of time uploading them to Hiro too.
This article walks you through the steps to automatically add episodes to your private podcast or members only audio show.